Best Alexa Home Security Systems of 2021 (Pricing & Features)
With so many options, it is hard to know which are the best security systems that work with Alexa. To help with that, here we have broken down all the info into some main categories. Read on to see which is the more convenient system for every need with just a glance.
|Provider||Total Score||Price||DIY instal||Trial Period||Alexa compatibility||Flexible plans||24/7 support||Chat support||Self-monitoring||App||Smart lock||Doorbell camera||Live-streaming||Contract|
|ADT||9.6||$48.99||No||No||Medium||No||Yes||Yes||No||Only for premium plans||Yes||Yes||Only for premium plans||Yes|
Alexa’s Useful and Fun Features
Though these are the best Alexa security systems, it is also possible to use them to have fun. Its functionalities are practically endless. Also, many functions will make one’s life easier. Read on to know which they are.
- Car finder. Though this will some GPS Alexa devices to go in the vehicle, this feature will become a lifesaver for many.
Just place the gadget inside, and then the voice assistant will know where it is at all times.
- Phone finder. If they are paired, the voice assistant can know where the device is at all times. In this way, one can ask her to make it sound or to locate it with the GPS function.
- Random facts. Users can ask this voice assistant trivia questions, and she will look for the answers in Wikipedia. This is a great way to entertain the kids.
- Brighten the day. This voice assistant comes with a Therapy feature that makes it try to make one feel better by giving positive reinforcement and light comments.
- Workout with Alexa. She has info on how to take part in a healthy exercise routine. She even has many different options. So, one chooses the most appropriate one for that moment.
- Get some food. The voice assistant can contact Domino’s pizza on one’s behalf and place an order. She can even track how the delivery process is going and give an estimate of when it is going to arrive.
Get a ride
She can call a car through many apps to share rides, like Lyft. Then, Alexa can track where the car is, let one know when it is coming close, and even give tips by voice.
- Play music. This voice assistant lets users listen to music without having to pay a dime. This is done through many online services, like Pandora.
- Be funny. Alexa knows a lot of jokes to entertain the whole family. Though all of them are targeted for children too, it is possible to set it for people over and under 13.
- Find out what happened to Batman’s parents. This feature is called Wayne Investigation, and it allows people to act as detectives to investigate how they died. The script is quite witty and entertaining.
Benefits & Disadvantages
Those who want to get the best Alexa home security systems have probably wondered how useful this feature is going to be for their lives. The truth is that not everything is perfect. To find out which are the best and worst aspects of getting one of these systems, read on.
- Home Automation. This is one of the voice assistant’s most important features. It allows users to turn their normal house into a smart home. Thanks to this, they can control their lights, doors, thermostats, and more just by using their voice. And they can schedule certain actions too.
- Hands-Free Voice Control. When paired with Echo, the voice assistant allows users to control any Alexa home security by just speaking. Thanks to its voice recognition tech, there is no need to enter any info or tweak any setting manually.
- More Security. The Alexa app lets users control what goes on at home, straight from one’s phone. This includes watching the cameras, locking the doors, controlling the thermostat, and more.
For increased safety, the voice assistant will ask for a PIN for the most important tasks.
- Compatible with Most Vendors. Most modern systems are compatible with this voice assistant. This means that one can choose the provider with the best prices and the most advanced equipment without having to worry. Just pair them, and they will be ready to start working.
- Works with Lots of Devices. Currently, vendors are making sure that all types of gadgets are compatible with Alexa. Some examples include lights, thermostats, cameras, and even garage doors. One just has to make sure that their tech will be compatible. Most of them say it right on the box.
- Easy Setup Process. Most of the services that work with this voice assistant are wireless and so, super easy to install. What is more, the pairing process is very straightforward too. One only has to follow the instructions step by step, and in less than 5 minutes, everything should be ready to start working.
- Premium Feature. Though every day, more and more providers are including home security with Alexa in their catalog, many of them just do this for the most expensive packages. This means that one should be willing to pay more to have access to this tech. Luckily, a few providers include it at all price points.
- Security Risks. In the same way that this voice assistant improves security in some respects, it compromises it in others. For example, some burglars with access to the latest tech could clone one’s voice and disarm the system. This is why having a secret PIN is so important.
- Limited Functionality. Some providers go all in and prepare their systems so that it is possible to control up to the last detail with Alexa.
But many others just offer some basic compatibility. Make sure to choose the most advanced ones, as they are the ones that make the most out of this tech.
Features of Alexa Compatible Home Security Systems
Getting home security with Alexa usually means having so many features and devices that one does not even know what to do. If that is the case, read on as this section will prove to be very enlightening.
This feature allows users to control every device that is connected with Alexa through voice. In this way, one can give them commands just by speaking. There is no need to type anything or touch any button. This can be used with the security systems that work with Alexa, but also with home automation services.
And then, if they come apart while activated, an alarm will be triggered to notify the user.
These magnetic sensors are usually included in all the best Alexa security systems. They have to be placed on all the entries, like doors and windows for example.
All the security systems that work with Alexa can send alerts to users’ phones. This makes it super easy to know instantly if something happens at home. And, in turn, one can monitor the house by oneself without needing much help. Of course, having the Amazon app will be key for this to work.
This feature is extremely useful and comes included in most of the Alexa compatible home security systems. It allows users to access the equipment from any place in the world and control it. In this way, one can see the live stream, lock doors, control the lights, and more.
Tweak the temperature of the house without having to get up and press buttons. It is possible to give a voice command saying exactly which the desired temperature is. Or one could also just say “Alexa, lower the temperature”. And she will most probably choose a good temperature.
Those who pay for the most advanced plans for their Alexa home security will probably have this option. It allows to lock and unlock the door at will from afar. And it is even possible to do this just by speaking, without even having to get up.
These devices are included in pretty much every Alexa home security system, even in the most basic ones. They are placed in the inside.
And if they detect any movement, an alarm will be triggered. These gadgets are used mainly in the rooms that hold the most valuables. The most advanced ones can tell humans apart from pets.
Having this service will allow users to even open and close the garage doors just with one’s voice. For this, though, it is essential to buy compatible doors first. The more advanced vendors also have an app that makes it easy to tweak this function
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Alexa?
Alexa is Amazon’s digital helper. It works with Amazon Echo and Echo Dot system. It uses speech recognition to do the tasks. Alexa can play some music and search the web. It can also control smart home tools and shop online. Its high-tech mic listens to people from faraway places. There are four different Alexa speakers. If users have two or more of them, only the closest will respond. In Canada, it works in English and French.
How does Alexa work?
Alexa is a device that remains on. It wakes up when it listens to the word “Alexa”. This tool has a natural voice detection. It connects to the web with Wi-Fi. This tool gets the voice command and leads it to the cloud. The Amazon Echo translates the voice into orders.
The voice service reads the message and sends the response. Amazon offers this service for free. It can tell the weather, shop online, and turn the lights off. This tool is made up of a speaker, a microphone, and a processor.
The key is on the web connection and the Alexa Voice Service. This tool has a cylindrical form and Bluetooth.
Can Alexa monitor your home?
Amazon Alexa can monitor the client’s home. Amazon presented Alexa Guard that adds home security to the device. Users need to tell the tool they are out of town. They can get alerts when it detects the sound of glass breaking. They get a message if the smoke or carbon monoxide alarm rings.
The device can turn the lights on and off if the house is empty. In “Whisper Mode”, Alexa can turn the security system’s panic mode on.
What is the best security system that works with Alexa?
Alexa helps clients to make their lives easier and safe. It protects their homes when they are not there. Fortunately, many security systems work with Alexa. Some of them are ADT, Frontpoint, Ring, and Vivint. They are all good options, as they have many skills. Thanks to them, clients can control their cameras with their voices.
Remember that the more advanced the plan is, the more functions it offers. They provide constant live streaming. Clients can turn the camera on and move it with their voice too. And they can tell Alexa to record.
Make Things Easier with Alexa
The market is full of good options for Alexa home security services in 2021. They have advanced over the years to the point in which it is possible even to tell a camera where it should be focusing on just by using one’s voice. Now, is this for everyone? Most likely, yes.
Having this type of system in place not only saves time, but it also makes it easier to have a safe home. In this way, even those who are not very tech-savvy can get a system and control it without having to learn different settings and which button does what.