Table of Contents
Recognize Your Device
The procedure used for resetting factory settings is not the same for every Google Home smart speaker or display. Besides, the model of the previous generation and the newer ones are not the same. The former has a dedicated button. However, the latter is different.
So, the first step to make a malfunctioning model work again is to identify the model. Once this has been done, proceed to the next step.
How to Reset Google Home
Despite its positive reviews, Google home might be malfunctioning due to various reasons. The good news is that these issues can be fixed.
The steps below will serve as an assistant in this regard:
- Locate the microphone mute
- Press and hold it for about 15 seconds
- A voice prompt will indicate that the process has started
The Google Home Mini reset process is complete after the voice prompt.
How To Factory Reset Google Home Mini (1st Gen) Effortlessly
Understanding this process is not tricky.
Use the steps below:
- Locate the button below the power cord on the bottom.
- Press and hold it.
- Find the circle etched into the base.
- The process will start in the next five seconds.
- Keep holding to the button for around ten seconds more.
- Continue until a sound confirming the action is heard.
Note that voice or the Google Home app cannot be used to factory reset Google Home Mini smart speakers. So, it is vital to locate the button to start the process.
Ensure that other troubleshooting options have been used before considering resetting the device. The loss of data can be avoided by checking other likely reasons the device is not working.
How to Reset Google Nest Mini (2nd gen)
To factory reset the smart speaker and app, use the steps below:
- Find the microphone on the side of the device.
- Turn it off. It has been switched off when the LEDs turn orange.
- Locate the center where the lights are on the top.
- Press and hold it for five seconds. The smart speaker will start the process.
- Continue holding for about ten seconds more until the voice prompt confirms the process.
Steps for Resetting Google Home Max
Just like Google Home, Google Home Max smart speakers can be fixed.
The best steps for carrying out this process are as follows:
- Locate the button near the power cord at the back.
- Press and hold it for about twelve seconds.
- Continue until the voice prompt says it is resetting.
The device will have to be set up after the process to have it working as before again.
Effective Tips to Factory Reset Google Nest Audio
It is no news that Google Nest Audio and app has its peculiarities and issues. Nonetheless, they can be fixed by factory resetting the device.
The steps below will make the process easier:
- Find the microphone and switch it off. The action is successful when the LED lights turn orange.
- Locate the factory reset button at the center of the device near the top.
- Press and hold it for five seconds. The process will be initiated.
- Continue for ten seconds more until the voice prompt confirms the success of the process.
How to Reset Google Nest Hub
If there is an issue with a Google Nest Hub device, the best bet is to fix it by resetting it when other alternatives prove to be ineffective.
The following steps can help in this regard:
- Locate volume buttons on the back of Nest Hub
- Press and hold them together for about ten seconds
- The voice prompt will inform the user that the process has started
Resetting Google Nest Hub Max
Just like Google Nest Hub, Nest Hub Max has a similar reset procedure.
The step below is the best way to make the process effortless in 2020:
- Find the volume buttons, which can be found on the back of the device.
- Press and hold it for about ten seconds without stopping.
- The process is successful after hearing the voice prompt, which often comes after ten seconds.
How to Confirm the Success of a Reset
In case there was no voice prompt confirming the success of the reset, the following step deals with the situation:
- Power off the device
- Count the time and wait for at least 45 seconds
- Power on again
- Listen to hear the voice prompt
After powering on the device, the voice prompt will instruct the user to download a new Google Home app. Download it and set it up. After setting it up, it should be working again. In the absence of that, the issue might be something more than what a reset can fix. An expert should be contacted in that case to use advanced troubleshooting.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Should I Reset My Google Home Device?
Resetting the factory setting of Google Home speakers and display clears off personal data from the device and can affect privacy settings. So, the action is counterproductive.
However, some situations warrant that an individual chooses this drastic option to get the best result in 2020. For example, the device can be malfunctioning. The user will try every possible means to resolve the issue. When other options have been exhausted, factory reset is the last resort.
When Should You Not Reset Your Device?
There are some measures that need to be taken when resetting the factory setting of a device. For example, if the android shuts down during the factory reset process, it can damage permanently.
Therefore, the process should not be initiated when the battery of the device is low. Besides, a device should not undergo a reset if the user has not created a backup.
Why Is My Mini Not Working?
In an ideal situation, a smart speaker is supposed to connect to every music account and work with a simple command. However, things do not always work the way they should all the time.
The volume might be too low if it is working but not audible.
The user should also ensure that the Google Home app is linked with the music accounts on Amazon or other sites.
Why Won’t My Smart Speaker Connect To WIFI?
In 2020, it is vital to first check if the user is connecting to the right Wi-Fi network, among other reviews. Besides, it is crucial to also confirm that the password is correct. If both of these diagnoses are positive, the Mini might be too far from the router. So, the distance should be reduced. It might be that there is an interference or blind spot issue.
Leverage Quality Information to Have a New Lease of Life
Lack of accurate information is the cause of most frustrations people have. When a smart speaker stops working, there are different reasons for it. Various causes have been explored in this guide.
In case every effort to make it work again is futile, a factory reset is the best bet. Nonetheless, there are measures that should be put in place to make the process successful. Take advantage of them while restoring the functioning of the device. Drop the comments below. Every contribution will be appreciated.